NATIONAL STROKE WEEK
Every step counts towards a healthy life. National Stroke Week is taking place Monday 3 September to Sunday 9 September 2018.
This year, Stroke Foundation is encouraging Australians to discover how easy it is to fit a few healthy habits into their daily routine to reduce your risk of stroke.
More than 80 percent of strokes can be prevented and there are some simple steps to manage risk factors by living a healthy lifestyle.
There are two ways to approach this:
1. Make time for a Health Check
You can find your nearest SiSU Health Station for a free 4 minute Health Check here.
2. Take charge of your own health:
- Eat well - with the right amounts of nutritious foods to meet your energy needs. Limit sugars and salt.
- Stay active - at least 2.5-5 hours of moderate intensity physical activity.
- Be smoke free - there are immediate health benefits as soon as you quit.
- Moderate your drinking - moderate your alcohol intake.
Register for a free Stroke Week kit including 5 Tips for a Healthy Life.