If you like your dinners low-carb, or you’re simply trying to get more veggies into your diet, try this alternative to a calorie-packed pizza.
1 large cauliflower head, washed and de-stalked
150g shredded mozzarella
100g grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp dried oregano or other dried herb
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Any other toppings you like (zucchini, olives, sun dried tomatoes, rocket, parma ham, herbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Break the cauliflower into small pieces and put in a food processor, pulsing until fine like flour.
3. Steam in a vegetable steamer or microwave for a few minutes until soft.
4. Drain well or pat dry with a clean tea towel. Leave to cool.
5. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with the mozzarella, parmesan, herbs, salt, garlic powder and eggs.
6. Put the mixture on the baking sheet and spread into a flat pizza base.
7. Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Add your chosen toppings and bake for a few minutes.