Chicken, chorizo & chickpea stew
1 tbsp of olive oil
500g chicken thigh, skin removed
1 brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 carrots, diced
1 cup of celery, cut into chunks
1 red chilli, sliced
50g chorizo, sliced
400g chopped tomatoes (canned)
200ml water (tap)
1 tsp of stock powder (gluten free, reduced salt)
400g chickpeas (canned), drained & rinsed
¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add the chicken thighs and fry, turning frequently, until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
2. Add a little more oil to the pan, then add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery and chilli and cook for 5 minutes. Simmer until reduced by half.
3. In another pan, fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Add the can of chopped tomatoes to the pan with the vegetables and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the stock and bring back to the boil.
5. Add the browned chicken, the chickpeas and chorizo and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
6. Serve with fresh chopped parsley.