Chicken, kale & quinoa salad
Quinoa is a good source of fibre, protein, antioxidants and perfect for bulking up a humble salad.
Cooked organic roast chicken or chicken breast (around 150g per person)
100g quinoa (dry weight)
1 tsp vegetable bouillon
A large bunch of kale (remove the tough centre stalks with scissors)
juice of ½ large orange (about 2 tablespoons), strained
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
sprinkle of salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1. Cook the quinoa according the instructions on packet with the addition of the vegetable bouillon.
2. Steam the kale until tender (around five minutes).
3. Make the vinaigrette by combining the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
4. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while vigorously whisking the mixture with a small whisk. Whisk for an additional 30 seconds after all of the oil has been added. Add the clove of whole, crushed garlic (Vinaigrette will keep for up to 3 days, refrigerated in an airtight container).
5. Once the quinoa has cooled, combine with the chicken and kale and drizzle with the vinaigrette.