Butternut pumpkin soup
Pumpkin is highly recommended by dietitions to be included in weight reduction programs. It contains no saturated fats or cholestrol, but is high in fibre.
1 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 reduced salt vegetable stock cube
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
200ml reduced-fat coconut milk
500-750ml boiling water
1. Saute the onion, garlic and ginger in a little olive oil or coconut oil for a few minutes.
2. Add the squash and stock cube and cook for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly and adding a little of the water to stop sticking.
3. Add the rest of the water and coconut milk and cook until squash is tender (around 20 minutes).
4. Leave to cool a little and then blend until you reach your desired consistency.
5. Bring it back to the hotplate for heating if needed, then serve.