Pumpkin & mushroom risotto
Pumpkin is an excellent source of potassium which helps to keep your muscles functioning at their optimal level.
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 cups of butternut pumpkin, diced
2 cups of button mushrooms, sliced
2 cups of arborio rice, washed
1L of water
2 tsp of stock powder (reduced salt)
1 cup of fresh basil, chopped
1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
ground black pepper
1. In skillet over medium heat, add oil and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
2. Pour rice and pumpkin on top of onions and coat well with oil. Cook and occasionally stir for about 4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the water and dissolve the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
4. Gradually add the stock to the rice stirring well. Only add small amounts of water at a time. Once the rice has absorbed the water, add more and continue until rice is cooked. When the rice is halfwaty through cooking, add the mushrooms.
5. Once rice is cooked, turn off the heat and add the basil and cheese. Season to taste with pepper then stir well and serve immediately.