Baked turkey meatballs
Turkey is a lean meat packed with protein, perfect for those watching their saturated fat intake.
1 brown onion, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp of fresh chives, chopped
400g turkey mince (lean)
2 cups of cherry tomatoes
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
2 cups of broccoli, chopped
2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped
1 cup of brown rice, to serve
1. Heat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the onion, carrot, garlic, turkey and chives. Season to taste with pepper. Mix well.
3. Shape into meatballs and put in a small baking tray. Cook for around 20 minutes.
4. After 20 mins, drain juices off the meatballs, pour cherry tomatoes over and sprinkle with the parmesan. Cook for another 20 minutes.
5. When the meatballs are almost done, steam the broccoli for 3-4 mins, or until tender. Sprinkle the basil on top of the meatballs and serve with the broccoli and brown rice.