Asian prawn salad
2 skinless chicken breasts or 250g jumbo prawns
2 medium carrots, peeled
1 red pepper, decored and sliced
1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
1 tsp coconut oil
1 handful of unsalted peanuts, crushed
1 tbsp fish sauce (Nam Pla)
Juice of half a lime
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp fresh or dried chilli, finely diced
1 large handful of fresh coriander and/or mint, chopped
1. If using chicken, grill under a medium heat for around 12 minutes, turning halfway through. Check that the chicken is cooked through and leave to cool.
2. In the meantime, heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and add half of the onion. Cook for around 5 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, peel thin slices of the cucumber and carrot and place in a large bowl. Add the pepper and the onion.
4. Make the dressing by adding the sugar to the lime, fish sauce and chilli and stirring well.
5. Combine the dressing with the veggies and peanuts.
6. Shred the chicken using a fork and add to the salad (or add the prawns).
7. Finally, mix in the coriander and mint and serve.
Serves 2 as a main (4 as a side)